german keyboard

Newuser857 08:35 26 Mar 03

This is not a technical question I know but does anyone out there know where I could get a German keyboard. A friend of mine is doing O/U and typing in the umlauts is a very time consuming business when done individually. We've only found one site on the i/net and they wanted an arm and a leg for the keyboard. Any help much appreciated.

DieSse 08:45 26 Mar 03

As an alternative, if your friend is using Word, you can ascribe any key combination to a specific character, so for instance you could use [Alt-Gr]+ u as ü and so on.

dth 09:52 26 Mar 03

you can set up your keyboard to also run as a German keyboard. if you look in control panel there is an option there - you would then have an icon in your task bar. It will default to UK but you can switch it to German as and when. The charactors on the actual keyboard will of course still be in english but most of them are the same anyway - the umlauts are on the far right hand side.

Newuser857 17:08 26 Mar 03

DieSSe and dth - thanks for your advice -keyboard combinations have been used but a big essay looms and speed is the essential. I will pass on your advice

Thanks

Tony

Ellie3009 17:36 26 Mar 03

The cheapest keyboard on amazon.de is only 7 euros, which is about a fiver. That doesn't include delivery, but it shouldnt be more than £10 all included!

click here

rev.bem 19:33 26 Mar 03

click here

Scroll down to bottom of page
£6.99 plus postage

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…