the german dialler thingy stopper ?

Magik ®© 18:49 18 Aug 04

hi,my daughter is on dial up so i have just been over and downloaded the german dialler prog which is suppose to stop diallers from being downloaded, and now to the point, about time i hear you cry...does it stop them as it is, or do you have to put some settings in.

thank you

justme 19:12 18 Aug 04

The program will prompt you whenever any program attempts to dial out. When it does this you can select to allow this program to call that particular number without asking. Obviously if you only allow calls by internet explorer (or whatever browser you use) to call your ISP then you will only be asked about rogue calls. If you get another prompt then at that time you can elect to allow the call or refuse it.

Magik ®© 19:16 18 Aug 04

Thanks for that, i will now ring her and pass it on.........thanks again

justme 19:17 18 Aug 04

I have just re-read your posting. The program does not stop dialers being downloaded but merely alerts you whenever they try to dial out. The program halts the dialing until you agree to it, so you shouldn't get any large unexpected phone bills.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…