Geoforce 7600GS power supply

smrdo 11:59 08 Feb 07

my geoforce agp 7600gs comes with a y cable for the power supply. A black square connector that plugs in to the card connected to two white molex connectors, do i have to plug in both of the white molex connecters for the card? My psu is an antec 550 watt neo he550.
thanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:10 08 Feb 07

No this just allows ou to share the conection from the PSU if you do not have a spare.

Always better to use a spare if you have one.

Totally-braindead 12:20 08 Feb 07

Fruit Bat /\0/\s right I have the same card and a Tagan power supply, the only reason for the splitter is for those without a spare connector as he said.
You have a good power supply so will not need it as you will have a spare connector so just use that.

smrdo 12:26 08 Feb 07

great thanks a lot, so i just connect one molex to the Y cable, plug the "black" end into the Geoforce and leave the the other molex dangling or tucked awway somewhere.

Totally-braindead 12:38 08 Feb 07

If your graphics card is the same as mine you just connect a free molex from the power supply to the graphics card. You don't need the splitter at all as long as long as there is a connector free.
If there isn't a connector free then the recommendation is to use the splitter on the hard drive power connector.
Thats a good power supply you have there really should be a free unused connector.

Totally-braindead 12:41 08 Feb 07

Actually rereading what you have have said, is the black connector which goes to the graphics card not the same size as a standard molex connector?
If not then yes you would have to use the lead on a spare power line. And tuck it away as best you can so it doesn't touch anything.

smrdo 12:47 08 Feb 07

its's not, it looks exactly like the cable here click here

the 2nd picture from the bottom

smrdo 13:03 08 Feb 07

this is the actuall card
click here

Totally-braindead 13:10 08 Feb 07

It does look smaller in the picture so just do as you planned and use the adaptor on a free molex.

smrdo 14:14 08 Feb 07

thanks a lot :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos