Genuine Canon Vs Compatible cartidges?

llamallama 14:57 17 May 06

Hi there, I have a Canon Pixma MP110 printer and currently use compatible cartridges (the cheapest ones you can get). I am an illustration student and have an illustrated book project and need to print out my book ready for it to be bound.

I have bought some double sided photo printing paper, but am wondering whether it is worth buying some Genuine Canon cartridges to print it with, rather than my usual compatibles.

Would the colour be any better?

Does anyone have any experience of this?

I don't want to buy the genuine products if there is going to be no difference, as am trying to save my student funds!

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Stuartli 15:29 17 May 06

It depends on how long you require the photos to remain in good condition.

If maximum longevity is the aim, then genuine Canon cartridges will provide it, otherwise the compatibles would certainly suffice.

I had a Canon BJC600e for nine years and, apart from the four original cartridges provided with it new (£394 including VAT!), I always used compatible cartridges or, if in the mood, JR or Jettec compatible ink refill packs.

Lettervanman 17:10 17 May 06

I use a HP Photo Printer. I have tried compatible cartridges and they are fine for "normal" work,but if I want to print out a photo to save or send to someone,I use HP ones.

Many people will not agree,but I have printed several test pictures using both,and the difference is noticeable.
You pays yer money and......!

Swampy 17:23 17 May 06

Hi Emma,
I have a Canon Pixma IP3000 and always use compatible cartridges. I have printed out three photographs we took on holiday in Switzerland, in A4, framed them and they are on our wall looking beautiful. If in time they fade, or we just want to change them, then it's easy and cheap. Works for me anyway. Incidentally, have you tried either MX2 or Novatech for the cartridges?
Hope this helps.

llamallama 19:14 17 May 06

Hi, thanks very much for your responses, I think I will stick with the good ol' compatibles and see how it goes.

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply to my post :-)

I buy my compatibles from click here which is a great supercheap supplier of cartridges, paper, cds etc. I've ordered from these guys a few times and postage is super speedy and pretty good value.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…