Generic Windows XP Home disk wanted

ray27 09:02 12 Jul 08

I need a copy of a generic windows XP Home disk
My old computer was never supplied with a windows disk and the suppliers explained that it was installed on the hard drive
The company has long since gone bust (Carrera)

I have contacted Microsoft and they have given me the key now all I require is a copy of Windows xp home
Unfortunatley I am retired and dont know anyone who I can ask for a copy can anyone point me in the right direction in obtaining one Cheers Ray

Technotiger 09:07 12 Jul 08

Hi, I live in Hampshire UK - if you are anywhere near me, I would be willing to let you borrow my original XP Home disc. I would however, need proof of Microsoft's agreement.

Cheers.

Robbiecollie 09:41 12 Jul 08

Hi, I live in Nottinghamshire UK - if you are anywhere near me, I would be willing to let you borrow my original XP Home disc. I would however, need proof of Microsoft's agreement.

ray27 10:13 12 Jul 08

Thanks for the offer
I dont have proof as the Number was given to me over the Telephone
What happened was that a fault appeared on the computer, the two DVD drives disappeared as well as the access to the broadband.
I had to call in a local repair man and he did a windows repair and he also got in touch with Microsoft and obtained the key,
Everything is working ok but the repair man said that as I had the key all I needed was to obtain any windows disk in case of future problems.
What I need is a disk that I can get just in case it goes wobbly again cheers Ray

Technotiger 10:57 12 Jul 08

You don't need the disc - what you need is Acronis True Image to make a complete back-up of your entire System, this will back-up everything including all your programs and your personal settings. Save your back-up to a USB external drive. None of which is really expensive, and in any case in the event of computer failure, worth every penny.

ray27 15:43 25 Jul 08

Thanks for all the advice I have managed to obtain a windowxp home disk lets hope I never have to use it cheers Ray

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…