Generic WIN32 error?

ivesy 17:10 18 Apr 07

Does anyone have any ideas why when we go onto Ebay on my fiancee's parents PC do we get a Generic WIN32 error?

It doesn't happen on any other pages and we have ran a Virus check and used Ad Aware for spyware.

I typed this into Google and can see this maybe Malware. If it is what is the best software to remove it?

Thanks

ivesy 10:28 19 Apr 07

Anyone ANY ideas?

johnnyrocker 10:30 19 Apr 07

what do they have on board already?

johnny.

provider 2 10:34 19 Apr 07

Registry? click here

ivesy 10:36 19 Apr 07

They had Mcafee internet security but that ran out over the weekend. The problem was there when they still had it though. I have installed AVG and Zone alarm for now. They also have CC Cleaner and Ad Aware. I've just downloaded A2 square free version to install later today. I don't understand why its just the Ebay home page this message appears.

johnnyrocker 10:37 19 Apr 07

delete temp files and cookies and retry?

johnny.

ivesy 13:39 19 Apr 07

We've done that using CC Cleaner but still get this message on the Ebay homepage.

Thanks for the advice.

ivesy 13:47 19 Apr 07

Provider 2.

I used the link to try out Reg Cure on my PC. I'm always wary of software like this as it seems to try and scare you in to buying the full version.

This one didn't disappoint! it told me I had 657 errors and wouldn't let me fix them until I got the full version. This was a surprise as my version of Registry Mechanic said I only had 2 errors!.

But thanks anyway!

provider 2 15:37 19 Apr 07

Understood and agreed. It was the information rather than Regcure to which I wanted to direct your attention, though I am led to believe it is a good, reliable cleaner.

I`ve been using Eusing (no pun intended) for some time now and never had any problem with it. click here

ivesy 18:21 19 Apr 07

Well I just got back and the error appears to be happening even when the PC is not connected to the internet. I think it's been coincidence that the Ebay page happens to be displayed when the error occurs.

I have just used A2 Square, CC Cleaner, AVG, Ad Aware and Registry Mechanic all of which found nothing.

I'm pretty sure now it's nothing to be too worried about but I', still puzzled why it's (apparently) suddenly started happening.

roy 18:37 19 Apr 07

Not sure that it will help you but this page may be worth looking at. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…