Generic paper kit for Canon CP-330 printer

I bought myself the very sexy Canon Ixus 500 digital camera at the weekend, together with a Canon CP-330 printer.

Once I've filed my fingers down to the size that fits the camera's buttons, I'm sure I'll be more than happy :) In fact, I'm already delighted with the quality of the images the camera produces. I already have the EOS 10D SLR with ordinary film EOS camera bodies and lenses, but I was after something I could kepe with me and that would easily fit into a pocket.

The printer makes quite superb pictures.

In fact, the whole lot exudes sexiness and quality. The build and engineering are simply superb.

However, I feel that I'll be bankrupted if I continue to use the Canon KP-361P 6"x4" paper kits.

Does anyone know if there are any generic paper kits that fit this printer out there?

I've tried doing a Google search but I'm hopeless with it. Thousands of totally irrelevant sites get listed.

Cook2 11:23 08 Jul 04

Try using A4 Ilford Glossy paper, two pictures per page and cut them out with scissors, or a guillotine, as each page appears from your printer.

stlucia 12:44 08 Jul 04

Try a place like click here

Perhaps I wasn't clear in my query.

I know how to use my inkjet printer to print photos and have bought some paper in Tesco - very cheap right now.

What I'm after is paper and 'print head' for the CP-330 printer. It's a dye sublimation device and each pack of paper comes with the relevant amount of film to make the photos. The trouble is that it's branded by Canon (not a problem in so far as quality is concerned) and I'm sure I'm paying quite apremium for the privilege os using the Canon own-brand product.

€dstowe 14:51 08 Jul 04

I believe the dye sublimation process used in these printers is patented by Canon. Even if the process isn't, the mechanical device is.

It will be a while before a generic version is available. Firstly the patent must be allowed to run its course (20 years) and then, to be a viable proposition for generic manufacture, the market has to be big enough to justify the expenditure in setting up a plant to manufacture any item. This Canon device would most likely have to be a lot more popular than it is at present before many manufacturers would even look at it.

jack 15:00 08 Jul 04

It is possible that dye sub 'engines' are common
and are branded for each seller but dont bank on it.
The most common brand is Fuji
so take a peek at a pack and try to fathom the diffs before you sport the beer tokens.
j

€dstowe 15:03 08 Jul 04

Elaborating on jack's comment, the items are still branded and thus likely to be costly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…