Generic Host Process for Win 32 Services Window

jamese 14:42 10 Nov 03

Generic Host Process for Win 32 Services has encountered a problem and need to close. We are sorry for the inconvienience. If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost,

after getting that message I cant listen to any audio on my pc aswell as that taskbars etc appear different to the way i set them

I have looked on these forums for help and couldnt find anything relevent to my problem,

Can anyone help me?

Gongoozler 15:16 10 Nov 03

jamese, this is getting to be quite a common error message. Try this thread as a start:
click here

Taff36 15:19 10 Nov 03

Welcome to the forum son.

click here

Previous posting of course. But the problem has returned. Have suggested Spybot and adaware to supplement the anti-virus software.

Taff36 15:22 10 Nov 03

Beat me to it - but there is a connection.

jamese 15:23 10 Nov 03

ahh yes gone through inserting the XP disks rebooting and running sfc /scannow like Taff36 but the problem is back,

doing things on my pc is very hit and miss again

Taff36 07:35 11 Nov 03

bump

BigMoFoT 09:53 11 Nov 03

Sounds like a virus to me mate - similar message the Blaster Worm gives! I'd run a full virus scan ASAP

jamese 14:59 11 Nov 03

bump?

jamese 19:24 11 Jan 04

Problem has now been rectified by installing Windows XP Service Pack 2 Beta,

Thanks Microsoft :D

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…