Generic Host Process for Win 32 Services problem

lesava 11:50 04 May 04

I had the Sasser virus over the weekend and thanks to help from folks on here got that cleared and the patch installed. Now though, on my XP home laptop,when I'm on line I get a message after a while:

Generic Host Process for Win 32 Services has encountered a problem and needs to close. None of my files close and the laptop does not shut down but the internet connection dies, although it appears still to be active. I can't disconnect and I can't reconnect. I can only re-establish it by restarting the laptop.

Does anyone know what this is?
Thanks

Xevious 11:56 04 May 04

you've got the blaster worm now... :-(

same problem found here: click here and click here

remove by downloading stinger click here and running it, and remember to close the port by downloading the MS patch click here

lesava 15:32 04 May 04

Thanks, I downloaded the patch first. Maybe it also got rid of blaster because Stinger didn't find it. Anyway, since then, no re-occurence of the problem.

lesava 15:32 04 May 04

Thanks, I downloaded the patch first. Maybe it also got rid of blaster because Stinger didn't find it. Anyway, since then, no re-occurence of the problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…