"Generic Host Process" error message

Ray5776 21:57 08 May 06

Hello,
I keep getting the following error message (many times a day)
"Generic Host Process for Win32 Services encountered a problem and needed to close"
Can anyone tell me what it means please, it does not seem to affect anything else that is running.
If it is something important I will endeavour to fix the problem, if it is not, how can I stop it constantly appearing.

Ray

GANDALF <|:-)> 22:09 08 May 06

Have you got a visioneer scanner?

G

GANDALF <|:-)> 22:09 08 May 06

click here;en-us;894391 might help.

G

VoG II 22:17 08 May 06

click here might be better GANDALF <|:-)>

Ray5776 22:37 08 May 06

thanks to both of you, 894391 has sorted it I think.
An easy fix for once:-)

Ray

autolycus 10:09 19 Aug 06

When I am connected to internet I get the following error: Generic host process win 32 services has encountered a problem and needs to close----as a result my connection is cut and I have to reboot to get connected again. The message usually appears when I have been on line for about 5 minutes. It is driving me mad!!

I do not have SP2 or have downloaded the security patch that Microsoft says could cause the problem. I downloaded their fix anyway but it did not work.

Anybody know how I can solve the problem?
Please-please -please.
John

al224 10:13 19 Aug 06

That problem is definately something to do with the internet. Try contacting your computer manufacturor or you ISP.

Ray5776 10:27 19 Aug 06

When I had this problem I downloaded 894391 as suggested by Gandalf and Vog. It has not happened since so give it a try.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…