General Protection Fault in XP Home

Billy911 07:04 26 Apr 04

When I tried to install 'Coice CAD for Windows (Version 2.50)' this error message appears:

SHADOW caused a General Protection Fault in module ~TMP334F.EXE at 0002:0258
choose close. SHADOW will close

It appeared when trying to install to Windows XP Home edition. Apparantly it installs fine with Windows 98 and Windows XP Professional. I have tried installing it using the compatibility mode but without success.

mgmcc 07:15 26 Apr 04

Try booting into "Safe Mode" and see if it will install from there.

gudgulf 07:24 26 Apr 04

click here

--some information on general protection faults.
Might be some use.

Billy911 07:25 26 Apr 04

Thanks but Safe Mode didn't work either. Just got the same message except the module this time was ~TMP1750.EXE

Billy911 07:47 26 Apr 04

Thanks gudgulf but that didn't work either. I entered safe mode, closed all TSR's and deleted all the temp files but still got the same message when I tried to install. By the way when I got the message it was a pop up window and not the BSOD. It seems to me that this program doesn't like XP Home.

Billy911 22:22 12 May 04

Sent an e-mail to the 'Choice CAD' company who replied and said that it was incompatible with XP. They suggested buying an upgrade. When I went to the website the product was priced at £1,500. Don't think I'll bother. I'll put Win98 on another partition as I know it works with Win98.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…