A general one for you regarding printers

The Dazza 18:53 12 May 06

A friend is having Intermittent printing problems printing, he's told me that it prints sometimes and othertimes doesn't for no apparant reason.He says he didn't get a disk with the printer with the drivers on and this is were I think the problem lies, no driver/incorrect driver installed could I be right? I don't know the make & model yet.

sean-278262 19:03 12 May 06

Find the make and model. If they connect with a remote USB hub try using one on the mobo. What OS they using and what make is the PC. If it is a lexmark get them to post the model and we can track some drivers down and they can reinstall them. That is what I had to do to get the thing to print propperly. another thing to check is that the USB cable isnt damaged at all.

The Dazza 19:12 12 May 06

He says he has bought a new cable-same problem persists. I don't know for sure but I don't think he has a usb hub. From what you're saying it sounds like you agree that it's the drivers.

The Old Mod 19:19 12 May 06

Hi, if the printer is plugged into the hub, tell him to try it in the pc, some printers don't like hubs.

The Dazza 19:24 12 May 06

ta mate, i'll open another thread after I have seen him if this doesn't work. Cheers guys

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…