geforce2 mx400 direct3d problems

frankthetek 11:54 25 Apr 05

It would appear that this geforce2 mx 400 card will not facillitate d3d.
All the blurb suggests it does but I can't get it to work.
directx diag. quits when trying to test it's d3d
capabilities and then disables & 'greys-out' direct test buttons.
Installing / re-installing card several times & ensuring all latest dirvers available has not done the trick can anyone help please.

frankthetek

citadel 19:57 25 Apr 05

it sounds as if the card has a fault.

frankthetek 09:13 26 Apr 05

Testing directdraw works out OK, as long as I don't test d3d card works in all other respects.
Is there anything I can do to/with card settings and how?
frankthetek

ACOLYTE 09:28 26 Apr 05

You could try reinstalling/updating the drivers
and then Direct X see it that helps.

gudgulf 10:56 26 Apr 05

Could be a problem with the motherboard chipset drivers( which contain the agp drivers).Try updating those.

frankthetek 13:52 26 Apr 05

Sorry people should have mentioned it's a pci card!!
Motherboard has latest drivers - card has latest drivers - having read other prob. pages it might be drivers are too 'new'.
Have tried installing/re-installing in every order but still no good!!

iarno 22:32 26 Apr 05

If your using directx 9, try going back to directx 8.
When I installed directx 9 I had probs. went back to directx 8 and all was OK.

I

frankthetek 09:47 27 Apr 05

Tried that trick no good - game with dx8 that was working is not detecting any d3d on machine with new card.
Have tried NVIDIA site for help but not much there!!
d3d test fails on first test i.e. dx7 - can't find dx7 download anywhere either - any ideas?

frankthetek

gudgulf 11:15 27 Apr 05

I have a GForce4 mx420 pci card which I use as a backup in case my main agp card fails.It is essentially the same DirectX 7 based card as yours but it works just fine with the latest DirectX 9 and drivers.DirectX 9 should be fully backwards compatible with all previous versions.Have you tried the card in another pc to rule out any DirectX problems on your own computer?.If that doesn't work it looks like there is a hardware problem with the card itself.

However........try click here for downloading DirectX 7

and click here for an extensive archive of Nvidia drivers that goes back a few years.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…