geforce MX 4000 problems

jaimie 21:16 16 May 05

I have built a new machine with Asus MOBO and Amd Sempron 2500 CPU and a Gegorce MX4000 TV out graphics card running XP Home. My problem is that the output to my widescreen TV is pretty poor- pages are unreadable because the definition is so poor. I have re=installed the drivers and played about with settings to no avail. Any one had this problem and sorted it so that the picture on the TV is good enough to read?

Regards

Jaimie

dfghjkl 22:28 16 May 05

hello,is it a lcd screen or is it a crt type(ie normal tv tube type of tv)have you tried it on a normal pc monitor?do you know what the screen resolution settings are on your pc,ie 800x600 or 1024x768?i belive a "normal"tv is very poor for a pc.post back with more details please,peter.

DieSse 22:52 16 May 05

How are you getting the signal to your TV - how long a cable, what connectors etc.

jaimie 05:45 17 May 05

dfghjki & dieSse. I,m using a 32 inch philips conventional CRT TV and connecting with S video cable about a metre long. The screen res on the the pc is set to 1024/768 witha refresh rate of 100 although I have tried all available refresh rates and screen res.

Thanks

Jaimie

dfghjkl 19:07 17 May 05

hi i just tried google and found this click here;action=display;threadid=4558;start=15 it basicaly says dont bother you might have a better chance with a better tv or graphics card,hope this helps.if not try "using a tv as a monitor" in google.peter.

Totally-braindead 19:13 17 May 05

I tried this some time ago with my PC and the picture was pretty poor, from what I've been able to ascertain this is normal and I'm afraid you're unlikely to get a better picture regardless of what you try.

jaimie 19:29 17 May 05

Thanks guys, it seems like this won't work as I wanted so I will think again. Thanks for all your help.

Regards

Jaimie

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…