geforce grahic card and something else!

morgueman 13:57 25 Nov 04

Hello all, 2 things i was wanting some help with! First, im getting a new computer, which includes a geforce 5 258mb graphics card. The problem is i cant find anything about it anywhere! I've checked the Nvidia web page but it dosent have it and the shop i'm getting it from says it is a geforce 5, so was wondering if anyone has heard of it?
Next, a friend of mine's computer keeps freezing and needs to be rebooted all the time soon after boot up. Not sure of the specs or anything, but it isnt state of the art, almost has old as i am!! Shes dosent think she has a virus, she cant run a virus checker before the pc freezes on her! Just wondering, since i'm here, if anyone has any ideas?
Thanks for any help anyone can give,
pieman

SurfMonkey _#:@} 14:58 25 Nov 04

are you sure your card isnt a nVidia GeForceFX 5950 Ultra 256MB

Smegs 15:13 25 Nov 04

click here These have got the G/Force 6 in.

woodchip 15:16 25 Nov 04

Or a Nvidia GeForceFX 5200 Ultra 256MB, Like what someone on hear gave me to replace a duff Creative Blaster Banshee card

ACOLYTE 15:45 25 Nov 04

The geforce 5 card is the geforce/fx range of cards.So now you need to know what model it is.

morgueman 16:19 25 Nov 04

I had an idea it could be part of geforce range of cards, but the shop just said it was a geforce 5 and that was the second time i asked about it! Just have to wait and see for myself when i get the pc, thanks for all your help, one and all!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…