Geforce FX - any news?

magic 11:59 08 Jan 03
  magic 11:59 08 Jan 03

I have looked at nvidia.com site for news of the next Geforce chip and they are touting Geforce FX.
Is this the successor to Geforce 4? If so when is it due out in UK (if not already launched) and has anyone got details on benchmarks and price?

I assume it is a graphics card, as the nvidia site is all blurb and no plain english.

powerless 12:03 08 Jan 03

It is a graphics card.

Benchmark...Way up high.

Price...way up there.

Launch date no idea.

Yup sucessor to the Geforce 4.

click here for a review

Jungle 12:25 08 Jan 03

Details of the NV30 ( FX ) chip were released in Oct 2002..Manufactures recieved chips and should be launching cards from Mid Feb 2003..ie likes of ASUS..GAINWARD, LEDTEK ( WINFAST ) etc etc.

Regards
JUNGLE

PªūĽ ™ ♂ 13:07 08 Jan 03

Benchmarks have been seen on beta versions of the card. Quake 3 score 60 more FPS than on a radeon 9700 PRO. Madonion's Nature test The FX scores less than a 9700 Pro All these tests and scores are pure speculation as the product that was tested was probably not a final version. Also this is a direct X9 card and there are no real benhmark programs to test its full capabilities. Cost price is rumoured to be $499 for the Ultra version and $399 for the normal. If you put those figures into pounds thats what you can expect to pay here. Clock core is believed to around 500 MHZ and the Memory bandwidth is reckoned to be in the 1 Gb range. Dont rush out to buy one just yet. The first releases will probably not overclock well. I wont get one as it would kill my computer. :(

Forget-me-not 13:13 08 Jan 03

I found this preview the other day.

There's some pretty decent info to read.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…