GeForce FX 5500

mattyc_92 10:47 21 Jul 05

Hi, I have the above graphics card. I have been having problems with it for the last couple of weeks.

I have set my Screen Resolution to "1024x768", but the "Colour Quality" options (16bit and 32 bit) appear the same. Could this just be my VDU packing in as it is an "ASTVision 4N" so was made quite a while ago. I have been thinking of getting a new VDU, but would this solve it?

I have tried reinstalling the drivers, checking the Graphics Card is fitted properly and even tried formatting the system. But nothing..... I am running WinXP Pro with SP2

As usual, thanks in advance.

PS. The "Start" button is a very dull green, instead of the lighter green colour.

Pooke 11:26 21 Jul 05

Have you tried things like adjusting setting on the display itself?

Is this the only prblem where 16bit and 32 bit look the same? If it is I'd say the monitor is at fault.

Why not treat urself to a new graphics card too.

Pooke

mattyc_92 11:30 21 Jul 05

I have only recently brought this card, but I was on a budget so couldn't get a better one and I don't really want to buy yet another card at the moment, but will in the near future I would say.... :(

It used to be alright, but the last 4 or 5 weeks, the colour quality has changed. I am starting to think that it is the VDU, as you can't even see the BIOS on boot-up (unless I restart the system), so the VDU is talking ages to "turn on" properly.

Thanks for your input..... Will tick....

Pooke 11:33 21 Jul 05

Then as you say it is the monitor. Is there another machine you could swop about with just to make sure?

Best wishes

Pooke

mattyc_92 11:46 21 Jul 05

Not now.... If I thought of this earlier, I could of used my cousin's VDU as her system was damaged (static seems to be the problem, which has damaged the motherboard and the m/b is welded in and the chasis only has one panel to open thus can't salvage anything from it other than memory and graphics card, so she is buying a new sys) and I could of tried her VDU...

O well... You can't beat them all.... lol

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…