Geforce 8600M GT Graphics Card

evolucions 12:36 10 May 08

Hi Guys,

I have a Dell Inspiron Laptop and I am looking to get a new graphics card for it and after hours of searching i have found that the Geforce 8600M GT should be a good upgrade for it.

However my problem is i cannot find where to buy one from. anyone got any good suggestions and is this really a good one for my PC.

citadel 15:41 10 May 08

you can not upgrade a laptop graphics card. there were a few very expensive laptops that were graphics upgradable. low ability cards are often used in laptops to keep the price down.

crosstrainer 16:31 10 May 08

As citadel say's...not upgradable, often onboard anyway. Gaming laptops do not come cheap. Your best bet is a PC i'm afraid.

towns 18:18 27 May 08

I thin kyou guys should actually look into things before making such a sweeping judgement without any info to back it up. It IS actually possible to upgrade a Dell Inspiron laptop aslong as the laptop has a discrete graphics card module (not th eIntel X3100) - you can then upgrade to the GeForce 8600M GT. The downside is its for sale only in the US at the moment (downside if you live in the UK) - click here.
To add this is very easy if you have experience of upgrading PC's/laptops etc - remove all screws holding laptop together, remove the old GeForce card, slot the new one in, screw it all back together and you are away.
From what I have read you cant install any old MXM graphics card - it does have to be specific and Dell do sell these - infact its cheaper to buy an 8600m GT than an 8400M GS!

Towns

TunerSR 19:47 20 Mar 09

is it possible to fit a 9series into the 1520?

citadel 20:59 20 Mar 09

I would not fancy taking a laptop to pieces, I asume fitting a more powerful card would mean more heat and more power required.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now