gba1305 dot exe (£1.50 per minute)

swapper 07:20 18 Mar 06

I have just noticed in my "download" folder, this exec file. gba1305

I did not recognise this, on investigation a page told me that when I accepted the application I would be charged £1.50 per minute???

Any ideas about how this could have got onto my PC without me asking for it?

tia

Mr Mistoffelees 07:55 18 Mar 06

You have a premium rate dialer. Download, update and run antispyware programs. I use MS Defender, adaware and Spybot. The safest thing to do would be to disconnect your pc from the phoneline. Then download the programs on a friend or neighbour's pc and then transfer them to your pc and install and run them.

Mr Mistoffelees 08:02 18 Mar 06

Are you on dial-up or broadband?

If you are on broadband, and the adsl modem is your pc's only connection to the phoneline, then you are safe. If you are on dial-up then you need to get rid of the dialer without delay.

swapper 14:06 18 Mar 06

Mr Mistoffelees, thanks for that, I am on BB with adsl modem, but I will double check with my antivirus anyway.

VoG II 14:10 18 Mar 06

Scan with Spybot as well click here

swapper 21:50 19 Mar 06

Thank you both, I did all scans and appear to be nice and clean.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…