"Gateway" PC nothing installs

Tree3 13:02 13 Nov 04

i have a pc made by gateway i had windows 98 but it stopped working on there so i have tried xp and it wont install i have tried windows 98 again and windows 2000 but none wiull install then i recerntly tried win 95 and even that doesnt install i cant figure out what is wrong with it i have unplugged unnessary hardware but still the same thing happens (on xp when its copying files for installation it just stops) and windows 2000 it can not finalise installation i have tried the hard drive in another pc and an operating system, does install so it must be something in the computer but i can not work out what it could be. any ideas would be great

Tree3 13:41 13 Nov 04

any suggestions?

pj123 13:51 13 Nov 04

Download a boot disk from click here I suggest you download the boot disk for Windows 95.

Once you have that make sure your computer is set to boot from the floppy first.

Now fdisk, partition and format your hard disk.

Reboot, still using the boot disk and try the windows setup CD of your choice.

Tree3 17:21 15 Nov 04

i have tried that but still an OS does not install

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…