Garmin Street Pilot i3

chrissul 15:06 25 Oct 07

I would like to ask does anyone know how to upload the POi's and the camera database.

I have tried uploading the POi's and the camera database separately but each time I have then looked in the custom points it appears to overwrite the camera database. I hope this makes sense to anyone so I mean I can either have poi's or the camera I dont know how you can have both together.

playmofire 15:52 27 Oct 07

I'd contact Garmin on this one.

chrissul 15:36 29 Oct 07

I thought they only have a contact phone number do they have an email address

Dipso 15:44 29 Oct 07

IIRC you have to upload them all at the same time or the existing data is overwritten as you have found, have you tried this?

chrissul 15:47 29 Oct 07

what do you mean by IIRC do you mean put all the files in the same folder and uploading via poi uploader?

Dipso 15:52 29 Oct 07

IIRC = If I remember correctly.

Yes, all files should go in the same folder. click here points 6,7 and 8.

chrissul 17:57 01 Nov 07

I have put the poi and cameras in the same file and tried with the poi uploader. The folder is 2.2mb in size it tells me when trying to upload there is not enough space on the unit even though I have a 512mb mirco sd card aswell

GBL 18:03 01 Nov 07

click here have a look at this site register with them and join in the forums should answer your question.

chrissul 22:09 02 Nov 07

I did register but so far no one seems to know the route of the problem

anchor 17:34 03 Nov 07

You can call Garmin support free;

Product Support Phone

Free 0808 238 0000 (within U.K.)

why bother with e-mails?.

Dipso 23:20 03 Nov 07

When you upload are you choosing the SD card as the destination device. Some i3's came with internal memory and some flash memory and the error you describe is what you get if you try and upload to the unit itself.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…