Garmin Street Pilot

tooter 20:11 06 Aug 04

I have a Garmin Street Pilot Navigation system, which used a serial port to connect my computer to download the maps etc. operating Win98. which worked ok. I now have a Sony Vaio PCG-K215M laptop operating Win XP, which has only USB connections. I got in touch with Garmin and they said to use an USB-RS232.
The problem is when I try to load the installation software disc I receive a message “Windows cannot find the installation program” is the problem with the operating system? The USB connection? or something else. I would be grateful if anybody can help,
Thanks. Kev

stalion 22:21 06 Aug 04

go to help,fixing a problem,application and software problems.This gives you a wizard to help with compatibility problems

fred 22:23 06 Aug 04

Have you tried using the card reader/writer that came with the unit?

My Street pilot 3 came with a USB reader/writer lead. In my opinion it's far easier to remove the card and connect it to the PC via the reader than to connect the unit to the PC directly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…