Garmin Sat nav i3 - speed camera s/w?

MartynHoll 23:36 27 Dec 05

I have just bought the Garmin Sat Nav i3 and was ondering if there is any speed camera software that I can load onto it?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 23:49 27 Dec 05

click here

Garmin instruction link near bottom of page.

MartynHoll 23:55 27 Dec 05

Thanks for that, I have now downloaded the POI into my Sat Nav. I suppose that you can only test to see if the detection is working OK by driving past a camera?

PaulB2005 09:08 28 Dec 05

The i3 doesn't "detect" a camera it just alerts you when you are due to drive past one. It's non-directional so it'll also alerts you to those on the "wrong" side of the road and is only triggered when you are over the speed limit.
Works well but near us there are a lot of "Mobile" sites so you are forever plauged with warnings...

PaulB2005 09:18 28 Dec 05

Sorry - better explanation.

The Speed Camera database holds the GPS positions of the speed cameras. It has no detection capabilities what so ever. The database also holds speed thresholds and Proximity Alerts so that if you are driving faster than the speed limit as you approach the camera site you will be alerted until you reduce your speed.

However if a camera is removed then you will still be alerted until the database is updated. Similarly if a new camera is added then you will not be alerted until the database is updated. The database is not and can never be 100% accurate so should only be used as a guide.

MartynHoll 16:39 28 Dec 05

Thanks or the feedback. I have taken it out for a test drive and all is working well.

Ivor_Monkey 16:41 28 Dec 05

You could save money and just drive within the speed limit.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…