garmin downloads

mrs room top 21 Aug 11

Can anyone help me, is it possible to get free updates for my garmin nuvi without paying for it. It's so expensive.

Pineman100 21 Aug 11

You can get free update trivia sometimes, such as the colour of the car shown on the screen. But full map updates are never free.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21 Aug 11

Have a look here

Pineman100 21 Aug 11

Wow, Fruit Bat /\0/!

Are those proper navigation maps which will function completely as official Garmin maps do in a sat-nav? And are they copyright-legal?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21 Aug 11

And are they copyright-legal?

Yes as open source

Are those proper navigation maps which will function completely as official Garmin maps do in a sat-nav?

Never tried them. You should download to a SD card and insert in the garmin that way you do not affect the previous garmin software.

Pineman100 21 Aug 11

Hmmm - much of my Garmin software is already on a Micro-SD card in the machine. I'm not certain that I want to risk it!

But many thanks for the further info.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Microsoft claims its new VR lens system is better than Oculus Rift's

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message