Garbage e mail being received in Bulk Folder!!

TonyV 19:04 15 Feb 06

I know that the garbage that ends up in my Bulk Folder is just that, Garbage! What I do not understand is why this e mail arrives at my box when the apparent address is not mine except for a part of the fist part and the Domain part. I have been twittering at BT Yahoo! Complaints Department, and they have now passed it on to the Techie people. If I want to follow it up I am to ring a phone number that they have provided. This, of course, I will not be doing, because on past experience, there will be no meaningful answer ensuing forth!

Tell me, do people on this forum get e mail that is not strictly addressed to them? I know full well, that if I send an e mail with an incorrect address it flies back to me so fast as to be untrue, so how is it that I get e mail that is not addressed to me?

Cheers

TonyV

TonyV 21:19 15 Feb 06

Closed out. I've put in Speakers Corner!

TonyV

brambles 21:25 15 Feb 06

Yes it's frustrating & I sympathise with your view. I've raised the same question times.
I always read my email in Outlook Express & so what is going on in the Web based Bulk Folder doesn't affect me & it does get removed eventually.

Being a BTYahoo customer you are entitled to more than one email account - so why not create a secondary email address - something a bit different and only give it to your personal friends, and don't use it when you are purchasing online. I have one *******.[email protected] and I never get any junk - that may be something to do with it being a secondary address. I have created one for my wife as well and that doesn't attract any either. Just an idea. Brambles

TonyV 21:42 15 Feb 06

Thanks for that. I didn't really want to go through the hoop of creating another e mail address. So I'll leave it with BT Yahoo! and see what they eventually come up with. It doesn't really matter since it doesn't get through to my OE6 e mail account. It just staggers me that it comes through to me and is sorted by BT Yahoo! even though it appears not to be addressed to me.

Cheers

TonyV

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017