Gaming Requirement issue

aammiitt 13:36 01 Sep 06

My Pc is:
PIV-2.4 ghz
632 RAM
845 board ( MSI )
on board vedio card- probably ( i am sure there is nothing extra card)

My PC does not play any of the games that came with the cds that came with PC world recently.
Your answer shall be much appreciated.
Amit

vinnyT 14:40 01 Sep 06

I think (or right I know) your prob is the onboard vga. These are fine for everyday stuff like office work, internet and email, but for recent (and alot of older) games they just won't cut it.

The intel 845 chipset (click here) will accept an agp card, but you had better check your board, if it does have a slot available there are some good boards such as the 7600s' (click here) or the better 7800s' (click here).

Hope this helps.

sil_ver 14:54 01 Sep 06

If this is a fairly new PC from PCW were the games CDs included as part of a 'bundle'? if so then, IMHO, the inference is that the PC will play them which appears not to be the case. Maybe you would have a case under the trades description act in that the item is 'not as described and unfit for the purpose' If you sound positive enough they might even upgrade your pc at a much reduced cost. It's worth a stab.

vinnyT 16:10 01 Sep 06

I thought that the 'PC World' in question referred to a magazine title (like PCGamer which comes with playable demos on the cd/dvd), maybe I was wrong?

sil_ver 18:51 01 Sep 06

vinnyT
Think you may be right there. My error misreading the question

aammiitt 07:08 02 Sep 06

Dear Frineds,
Thanks for your quick response. No, this is not a PC from PCW but an assembled PC of my own. And, yes im not able to play the games that came with the PCW magazine free CDs/DVDs, like Hitman etc...

Please advise.

wolfie3000 09:54 02 Sep 06

Your best bet is to upgrade your pc and get a good quality gfx card then maybe some ram as Hitman can be a bit memory intensive.

Withut a good gfx card even older games will struggle.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but thats all you can do.

vinnyT 10:54 02 Sep 06

Hi aammiitt, then yes, your only choice if you wish to play these games is to upgrade your gfx card, take a look at the links in my previous post.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5