a gaming question?

josie mayhem 23:36 04 Dec 03

I know that this isn't really a computer question, but it is near to christmas after all!

Have I missed something in the gamecube, my son has requested this for christmas, but I have noticed that there isn't much difference in price between this and the playstation2 and x-box, but the latter two seem to have much more to them such has dvd/cd playing and expansion for sound ect.

I have suggested this to my son that he might be better off with one off these instead (I like to get as much as poss for my cash)

So Have I missed something on the gamecube can it do more than just play games?

©®@$? 23:46 04 Dec 03

to be honest i agree with your attitude, i would much rather go for an xbox or playstaion 2. personally i would choose playstion 2 as the games are better (in my eyes)

my brother in law has just got a gamecube, and yes great graphics and some good games, but playstation 2 offers allot more games and is better and you get dvd with that aswell, im sure what you get him, he will be happy

ps2 in my eyes

how old is your son

helmetshine 23:52 04 Dec 03

It could be the games available more than the console itself.All the consoles have some exclusive titles and if it's the gamecube only games he wants then the ps2 and x-box won't be any good for him.

Forum Editor 00:02 05 Dec 03

and in answer to your original question, the answer's no - the gamecube is a dedicated game machine, and it can't play DVDs.

It can connect with Gameboys and play games over a broadband Internet connection using a special broadband connector, and it can play some games over a LAN (Local Area Network), but that's it.

josie mayhem 22:30 07 Dec 03

Sorry not getting back so quick, but been very bussy, (as norm without a mum's input, there wouldn't be a Christmas)

Son's almost 14, but have had another talk about it, and what he's looking for and he's decided to go for the ps2

Thanks for all your help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now