Gaming problem

staples printer cartridge 12:58 26 Jan 05

Not sure if I should use this for a gaming qustion, but here goes.

Tried to install Black & White on XP, it installs fine, but won't run. When I double click on the icon, the disc spins a screen saying Black & Whote appears, then it disappears and nothing else happens. It doesn't crash, it just behaves like it never happened. I have tried patching it, no avail; I tried emailing tech support, no response; I phoned tech support, they were rubbish. Said try the patch or use compatability mode, whatever that is. They were 'concerned' that as it was an old game I was trying it on XP! Any ideas?

ACOLYTE 13:02 26 Jan 05

I used to have this game on xp sp2 and it played ok never any errors,have you tried a reinstall.
I dont think i installed a patch but i cant remember was some time ago.To be honest it got boring,lol i couldnt be bothered to train my monster it kept eating people lol.But its a fun game to play on a Lan.I assume its an original game not a copy?.

staples printer cartridge 13:06 26 Jan 05

You wouldn't believe how many times I have reinstalled! Haven't put sp2 on yet though, wasn't sure if it was worth it. And yeah, it is original.

2neat 13:09 26 Jan 05

never heard of it. Try Halo, the best game ever me thinks.

ACOLYTE 13:14 26 Jan 05

Have you tired starting the game from the start programs group not the short cut,also try cleaning the cd may have a bit off dirt on it,you could also try starting making a new short cut by right clicking the games .exe file and sending to desktop.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…