gaming pc

arabian goggles 14:56 15 Jun 06

I'm thinking of buying a gaming pc {including moniter/flat panel screen). I've had a little look around and am a bit put off by the price. Am i doomed to spend £1200 or is it possible to buy an adequate set-up for around £600-£750.
Alternatively, would buying the component parts seperately and paying a nice man in a pc shop to put it together for me be any cheaper, or is it a good idea for a total novice to have a bash at putting it all together myself?

Also i have a hd ready tv, would it be a good idea to use this as my screen along with a cordless keyboard and mouse and keep the cpu out of the way

mattyc_92 14:58 15 Jun 06

At one time, it was cheaper to build your own. Now, however, you get better deals from places like Dell, novatech, etc...

Try looking on the web, you may find some mice bargins if your lucky

Totally-braindead 16:52 15 Jun 06

I have to agree with mattyc_92, its cheaper to buy an entire system than it is to buy the components and build it yourself.
For the money you suggest you can get a gamers PC, you will obviously have to make some compromises but I would have a look at something like this click here and add the monitor.

wolfie3000 19:34 15 Jun 06

The nforce 3500 looks good but could do with some more ram in it for a gaming machine.

But as others have said dell are doing some amazing machines for your budget so might be worth having a look.

citadel 19:36 15 Jun 06

From previews of upcoming games I have seen you are going to need a decent pc to run them, you may as well spend the £1200.

arabian goggles 16:18 16 Jun 06

cheers everyone

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…