Gaming mouse mats, any ideas?

bukkaz 21:28 24 Apr 05

Use a logitech MX510 mouse. Any suggestions for a good mat for gaming? That is is anyone thinks these mats bring any noticeable benefit in their experience.

Is often better than a mouse mat for gaming,I often find that the mose drops off the edge of a mat during intense gaming.

Or even the mouse ??

Totally-braindead 22:16 24 Apr 05

Forget the mouse mat, get yourself an optical mouse with good resolution. I for instance am using a Microsoft Basic Optical Mouse. Shop around and you can get one for less than a tenner, if you want a fancier one with more buttons or whatever fair enough just make sure it has a good resolution for accuracy. Oh and get a good make as well.

gudgulf 22:35 24 Apr 05

The MX510 is just about the best optical gamimg mouse there is.....and I want one!!!! lol click here

Thought the MX510 was an optical mouse

gudgulf 22:42 24 Apr 05
  Totally-braindead 22:42 24 Apr 05

Apologies for that I didn't realise it was an optical mouse. Pretty snazzy colour isn't it? That aside one of the advantages of an optical mouse is that you don't actually need a mouse mat so I don't really see what advantage you would have with using it with a mouse mat. Perhaps I'm not a true gamer.

Arthur Scrimshaw 22:49 24 Apr 05

not so see click here

I want one

Pooke100 23:08 24 Apr 05

That's one cool mouse!

bukkaz 00:22 25 Apr 05

Thanks for the replies.
Very happy with the mouse and don't see any benefit in moving up to the 518 as the main benefit I get is the buttons, being an old codger would still get beaten on FPS on liners by quicker reflexes of younger ones with inferior mouse!
Will consider one of the mats on the link as may benefit my kids when they are playing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…