Gaming Keyboards - Which to Choose?

QuinnGaming 21:45 27 Apr 14

I'm looking for a quality gaming keyboard.

2 that have caught my eye are: - Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Stealth - Steelseries Apex

Are either of these a good choice or can you recommend another?

theDarkness 00:20 28 Apr 14

youtube can be a great resource for honest opinions from real gamers, so try any videos from

this link for blackwidow

this link for steelseries apex

theDarkness 00:30 28 Apr 14

also try searching for 'vs' reviews via forums or youtube, eg

videos such as this this might help

or have a google

Someone on tomshardware states to 'choose Blackwidow if you like typing and not so much for gaming because it produces a massive amount of click sound You'll choose the APEX as an all in one solution', if that's any help

Mr Mistoffelees 11:16 28 Apr 14

Like MechKB I favour mechanical switches. I use a Qpad MK-85 with brown switches, although blue, red and black switches are also available.

A Cherry MX switch guide.

Mr Mistoffelees 11:20 28 Apr 14

Sorry, somehow the links both ended up the same, correct first link.

QuinnGaming 18:44 28 Apr 14

Thanks for the advice guys. Having looked at some videos and stuff I'm not sure the mechanical keyboard is for me (even if it is the stealth version). Still seems pretty loud and I think the 'feel' would be hard for me to get used to.

I think the SteelSeries Apex is the one for me. Anyone on here tried this keyboard out?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…