gaming headphones software?

badgerschuff 21:09 17 Apr 04

Dear All,
I have recently started playing Unreal Tournament online and could not interact with the spoken messages that the players were directing my way. I bought a gaming set of headphones with a mic so i could talk and listen but still i've had no joy, is there some software i need to enable me to do this? My computer runs XP and has a 2ghz processor and an nvida gamecard installed. Any suggestions please!

deadneat 21:50 17 Apr 04

The software is in the program. You will have to read the manual or ask online 'type' You will probably have to go into settings in unreal and setup your mic. I only have the demo, but it seems a cool game. Still into Halo myself until Doom 3 is out. Let us know how you go on!

Smegs 23:41 17 Apr 04

Have you set the head set up in Sound & Settings menu??? If it's not working in there, then it will not work on line.

badgerschuff 21:19 15 May 04

Hi there,
does anybody know of some free data recovery software for laptop hard drives? I have an 10 gig IBM laptop hard drive, Model DJSA-210 in an external case that i had bought in an auction. I didn't install it right away but when i did only 6 gigs was available the rest was unallocated. I reformatted the drive and tried to allocate the remaing space on the drive using Partition Magic and the drive all but died, now all it does is beep at me.Hopefully it not terminal, so if someone can point me in the right direction that would be great.

Robotic_Rob 01:21 16 May 04

yeah but the headphones will just plug into the sound card. Dou have it in the right holes? It might sound stupid but never over look things. can you actually hear sounds from the pc? and can you record with them/ hear yourself on the speakers talkin/making noises? whats your internet connect? dail up or broadband?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…