games wont play in a full screen

after installing any game ive bought it doesnt play a full screen only at about 50% in the centre of the monitor of my laptop. im using windows xp home. Anyone any ideas?

Starfox 21:40 28 Dec 04

Press F11, does that alter screen size?

no it doesnt change anything

gudgulf 12:10 29 Dec 04

What happens if you go into a games video settings and set the resolution to the same as your monitor?

how do i check the resolution of my monitor

Starfox 23:00 29 Dec 04

Right click on your desktop,properties,settings will show your monitor resolution.

i set the video setting as the same as the monitor but still there is no change!

TomJerry 10:24 30 Dec 04

laptop with poor graphics card cannot handle games at high resolution, so you need to change your screen's resolution.

right click on any position on the desktop and select properties and then setting and it is easy to follow there.

however, some laptop screen only support native resolution which will give you half screen when set lower resolution, just try out

will give it a shot thank very much

Rayuk 18:23 30 Dec 04

Have you tried using your mouse to drag edge of picture,I have had to do this before

when changing the resolution the whole screen does the same as the game and nothing changes with the game.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…