Games won't play

argeleb 11:14 13 Feb 03

Any ideas? I have put together a PC out of parts left over after previous upgrades. The problem is, while I can get it to boot into Win98 and it operates seemingly flawlessly doing all the usual stuff (internet browsing, e-mail, word processing and spreadsheets etc0, it won't play any of the games I have. It will instal them fine, but just won't display anything. All I get is a black screen. I have downloaded the most up-to-date drivers from nVidia for the graphics card - a Geforce2 64Mb, but no joy. One of the games tells me I do not have enough files or buffers available and can alter them in the config file. I've had a look for them, but can't find them.
Any help appreciated.

Pilch.... 11:32 13 Feb 03

is it possible to have the spec of the computer? also do you have direct X?

PA28 11:40 13 Feb 03

Have you done a fresh install of all the software - in other words right back to fdisk and format on the hard drive? And as Pilch says, what have you pieced together?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…