Games and Video Cards

supamelon 14:37 11 Apr 07

I'm going to buy the new command and conquer but i ran the 'can you run it' feature on click here and it says my video card isnt good enough. apparently, i need vertex shader 1.1 or more and i also need video hw transform and lighting. any idea of how i can get them or where to get a suitable card for my laptop. i have a packard bell easynote GN45-032. Thank You!

citadel 16:06 11 Apr 07

you can not upgrade laptop graphics. your laptop is using the motherboard inbuilt graphics these are not good enough for modern games.

supamelon 16:54 11 Apr 07

i thought u could get better graphics cards that go into a normal PCI slot? any ideas?

Totally-braindead 17:01 11 Apr 07

Laptops do not have a PCI slot you can plug a card into.
What you have is what you can get. It cannot be upgraded.
If you want to play it and the laptop won't do it then all you can do is buy another laptop - which I'm sure you will agree is too extreme.

jam500 18:02 11 Apr 07

You can upgrade the graphics if you have the right slot, Let me go and check then i will be back.

jam500 18:08 11 Apr 07

Ok, You need to have an Express Card slot.Go here and have a look click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…