Games stopping & starting

Mike1995 16:12 27 Mar 04

When playing games usually driving the graphics will stop for 1 or 2 seconds then restart again. This is very frustrating as it usually results in crashing into something when it happens. It is happening on all my games usually every 30 seconds or so. I am running an Athlon 2000XP, 512 DDR3200 dual channel, Gforce 4 440MX. I have been told various things by friends such as my graphics card is not fast enough and also I am not running enough ram.
Also I have downloaded the latest drivers from my card manufacture and from nVidia to no avile.
Can anyone please help as it is doing my head in.

IClaudio 16:55 27 Mar 04

are current ones (say, within the last 6 months or so), then it is probably the card, which is getting a bit old now. I'm sure someone will be along soon to give you links to bargains. I've got Radeon 9800 and even though it's not the latest card, it'll handle anything I can give it.

Your RAM is fine, though more is always good, and it's quite a cheap way of upgrading.

It may be worth looking at your Virtual Memory settings (read the Help for your OS, or wait for someone more competent than I), as this accesses your hard drive and would cause a momentary glitch, especially if you're tight on space.

Totally-braindead 16:57 27 Mar 04

It depends on the games you're talking about, I would say your CPU is ok and your RAM too, if the games demand quite a good graphics card then it could be that. The most likely thing is what you have running in the background. Post details of a couple of the games and you're operating system

Mike1995 17:01 27 Mar 04

I am using windows XP Pro. Games are Need for speed underground, Max Payne 2, Fifa 2004 etc

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…