Games still freezing

Nessie 21:10 30 Oct 04

click here

Still I am getting freezing games. Could it be betwen the mobo chipset and the graphics card. A conflict. Help please

AndySD 21:23 30 Oct 04

Nessie

That card should have no problem with the game.

I would sugest you oot intp setup/bios and enable agp2 or 4 and set the apeture to 128

Now go Add/Remove programs and make sure all the ATI entries are remove.

Go to the NVIDIA website and get the graphics drivers click here

Now go Add/Remove programs and remove any nvidia graphics drivers. Reboot, do not let windows install new device. Now run the new drivers.

AndySD 21:25 30 Oct 04

oot intp read boot into

Nessie 21:50 30 Oct 04

Set as AGP 4 and apeture is 128mb already. have alreadt removed and reinstalled ati drivers. thanks for the suggestion

AndySD 21:53 30 Oct 04

reinstalled ati drivers ???
its an NVidia card.

hugh-265156 01:36 31 Oct 04

please dont tick this one until you are sure its solved. i get lost easily :-)

try this:

make sure your system is squeaky clean by updating and running your antivirus software and deleting anything it finds. next download adaware click here and spybot click here (both are free) update and run each one in turn and delete all they find too (will only take 15mins max to run both)

next update windows xp click here

there are no patches for this game (i have it myself) so if getting everything up to date doesnt help then next download this for later click here and also download the nvidia drivers and save them too for later on click here

next un install your nvidia drivers again (i know sorry) also check there are no other drivers listed for your old card/s in add remove programs, if there is then un install these too.

next restart the computer in safe mode and run driver cleaner to totaly remove all traces of any ati or nvidia drivers left behind (only remove these entries and read the read me file for driver cleaner before using it) when your done restart again in normal mode (make sure you are not connected to the internet and click cancel when windows finds the card again) then click on the nvidia driver you downloaded earlier and install it.

if that doesnt work then try un installing the simpsons game and re install it. if that doesnt work then try downloading and installing the latest chipset drivers for your motherboard. and if that doesnt work i have no idea sorry :-)

Nessie 12:04 31 Oct 04

will give it a go but have checked for viruses. will try spyware. cheers

Nessie 21:18 25 Jan 05

have completly reformatted the hard drive and installed xp pro which has been updated. All I have on the pc is xp pro, adaware, virus protection and belkin usb wireless software. Game still freezes. I have changed every thing in the past except the mobo. what a bummer. computers.

Totally-braindead 22:23 25 Jan 05

Did you install the motherboard driver software immediatly after installing Windows XP? Do you have another game lying about you could try and if so does it run ok?

Nessie 22:26 25 Jan 05

mobo drivers installed straight after xp. other games do freeze but not as often. Once monopoly froze and that only needs 2mb video card.

Totally-braindead 22:34 25 Jan 05

Well if it does it with other games as well, and you have a clean install then I would say what you're left with is some sort of hardware fault rather than a software fault, possibly the video card or perhaps the memory. Try downloading Memtest first and see if it finds anything wrong with your system memory click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…