Games Playing twice as fast. Help!

SuziiQ 15:15 11 Aug 07

My pc is playing all my games no matter how old/new they are twice as fast as they should be. I dont have a multiprocessor so its not that. Anybody know anything??

brundle 15:39 11 Aug 07

Version of Windows, CPU, memory, graphics card?
If you're not sure download this and see the summary page; click here

When did the PC start doing it?

SuziiQ 15:46 11 Aug 07

Xp home edition. unknown cpu type 633 mhz?
1024mb memory
Nvidia Geforce 7600 gt
That what you meant ^ ??
Pc started doing it the day before yesterday

brundle 15:55 11 Aug 07

Yes, that's the info. What kinds of games? Any/all games? Online games?

SuziiQ 16:23 11 Aug 07

All of them. I dont play online games.
i tried dre-downloading direct x but nothing changed.

SuziiQ 16:25 11 Aug 07

i'll give you a wee list of the games.
Sims 2 with all the expansions.
Zues: master of olympus.
Rollercoaster tycoon 3 again with both xpansions.

brundle 16:31 11 Aug 07

Do videos work at normal speed? Not a cure, but something to check - Control Panel/Display,click Settings, click Troubleshoot, move the Hardware Acceleration slider one or two notches down. Try one of your games, if it still runs too fast, take acceleration down a couple more notches until it makes a difference.

SuziiQ 16:39 11 Aug 07

nope. Just affects my mouse?

brundle 16:43 11 Aug 07

Any changes to your system at all since Thursday?
You could try compatibility mode to see if it slows things down, set it to Windows 98.

SuziiQ 16:56 11 Aug 07

Nope only thing i did was put a desktop fan at the back of my computer cause it was overheating. how do you get to compatibility mode?

brundle 16:57 11 Aug 07

One more thing; go to the same screen I mentioned earlier, but click the 7600GT tab (it'll be there if you've installed the NVidia drivers) - you should be looking at a window labeled Application Profiles.
Untick the `Application controlled` box at the bottom, locate Vertical Sync in the list and select On. Click OK however many times required to close everything.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…