games play on a network or on the net

Nessie 20:48 12 Mar 04

Anyone got any games I can buy or download that my son and i can play. I have a simple laptop and pc network with a crossover cable. Also both computers share the same broadband connection so we would like to play some games over the net. any ideas for us newbees would be great. Thanks

Paranoid Android 21:55 12 Mar 04

Network play with only 2 machines is a bit limited if you can only have 2 players.

Quake 3 Arena is great fun and will run on most reasonable PCs, and it has the advantage that you can add 'bots' to the teams. ie 6 on a side, 1 human and 5 bots, or humans versus bots, or whatever. There is also an online gaming community.

Assuming you like shoot-em-ups.

Marvin

agarm11 21:59 12 Mar 04

hows about click here its a big download but best of all its free

DAG88 22:13 12 Mar 04

Age of Empires 2 is my favourite. There is a free trial on the microsoft website click here or to buy the game will set you back £20/£30 depending if you get the expansion or not (the expansion is much better).

You can play this over a network or play online on zone.msn.com where there are about 2000 people playing at any 1 time

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…