Games that need Internet Access

jimmilk 17:40 03 May 05

Gents
I recently bought World of Warcraft for my granddson but he says it wont instal on his laptop, which has a faulty modem so no internet access.
Is this really required for this game, the laptop is a good spec and would certainly run it?

Technotiger 17:45 03 May 05

Hi, I am not a great gamer myself, but I am pretty sure that a working modem (with bb) is not essential, unless he actually wants to play on-line.

Plenty of gamers on here who will soon correct me if I am wrong.

Cheers.

Pooke100 17:51 03 May 05

yeah you need internet access for this, apparently there's a subscription to pay aswell. If Kate B is about she can advise! She talked about it on another thread.

Pooke100 17:55 03 May 05

click here

hope it helps.

jimmilk 18:16 03 May 05

Thanks for that, I have posted my feeling on that thread, what a "rip off"

Kate B 18:33 03 May 05

What a shame you didn't read the pack properly as it does say quite clearly "internet connection required". The whole point of it is that you are in the world with hundreds - indeed, thousands - of other players.

I don't think it's a rip-off, either - it might be if the game never evolved but Blizzard is constantly adding new content and developing it. And the first month's play is free, so if you decide you don't like it, there is obviously nothing further to pay.

It's a great game, worth every penny in my opinion.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…