Games Lockup

Jota 09:02 09 Feb 03

I am running XP Home with a 1.4Ghz Athlon, 512Mb and a Creative GeForce 2 32Mb DDR graphics card. The graphics card is nearly 3 years old and was not XP compatible so I downloaded the XP drivers from the Creative website toget it to work. When playing games such as Grand Prix 3 or Harry Potter we get a lot of lockups and have to restart the computer to get out. Is there a cure for this or do I have to buy a newer XP compatible graphics card such as a GeForce 4 Titanium 64 or 128. Thanks!.

Smuggler 09:17 09 Feb 03

i suggest that you go into the bios and check to see what your agp apature is set at. if it is 64mb set it at 128mb,assuming your card is agp.i'm not dure which heading this comes under but a look through each one will show you

MAJ 09:17 09 Feb 03

I'm definitely not a gamer, Jota, and I don't know the games you mentioned, but it sounds as though your card can't cope with them. Have you checked out the games' home web sites to see if this is a known problem with the game and your specific card? Maybe a "patch" has been issued.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…