Games on a laptop

pftf 14:02 05 Apr 04

Hi I am considering getting a lap-top for my kids, they will want to play games on it, my problem is that I am getting conflicting advice.
Will the latest graphics cards play new games or would they be limited to less graphically intensive ones?
Also would I be better to get one of the new mobile chips
Thanks in advance.R

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 14:47 05 Apr 04

I think you would be better getting a desktop pc
would be cheaper and a lot more user friendly for games.

Regards.

TomJerry 14:49 05 Apr 04

For example Dell Inspiron 9100 which has ATI® Mobility™ RADEON™ 9700 graphics. If you want to get one, make you the graphics is not on board at least 9600 class of graphics.

If you do not have to get famous name, you can consider AJP D480V which has 17" monitor 80GB HDD and costs £1337 for P4 3 GHZ.

Mobile CPUs (e.g. Intel Centrio) are good for battery life, but they are mostly more expensive.

Three big problem with playing games on laptop: (1) It may get damaged, I not think you can expect kids as careful with machine as ypu want when they are into game (2) monitor is usually small (3) sound is not loud enough.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…