games keep exiting to windows every few minutes

adambucky 20:34 PM 21 May 12

Hi I recently bought a new pc (specs: Windows 7,1TB Hard drive, 8gb Ram, I7 Processor and Nvidia gtx 560ti graphics card). I have bought three different games all of which minimise and exit to desktop every 2 or 3 minutes. Does anyone have an idea of what the problem might be and how to fix it? (I will post this in the games forum aswell in case someone can help there) Thanks

bebbo 20:44 PM 21 May 12

See if you have the most up to date drivers for your video card. It also maybe something starting in the background, maybe a virus scan? may be worth disabling for a bit and test.

bebbo 20:45 PM 21 May 12
  Woolwell 21:50 PM 21 May 12

How recent is this new pc? There could be a problem with the graphics card or other hardware. Suggest you contact the supplier.

mrwoowoo 22:39 PM 22 May 12

Having an anti virus or spyware programme running at the same time can cause this problem. Especially AVG. Try shutting down or disabling any security software you have running whilst you play, and see if it makes a difference. Or do you have a slideshow running as your wallpaper? This will minimize your game every time it changes.

rdave13 22:49 PM 22 May 12

Looks like Win 7 is reverting to basics while the GPU DRIVER is recovering.

bebbo's link for auto driver update should fix it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday weekend deals & best UK Cyber Monday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best Black Friday Deals for designers and artists – updated

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know