Games just go back to desktop.

Daveson 15:30 03 May 04

Hi there, can anyone explain this to me. I am playing max payne 2 or flight sim2002 and all of a sudden they will cut out and go back to my desktop.

My system is :

AMD Athlon 2600
128mb Radeon 9600PRO GFX
1 GB Ram
5.1 Sound Blaster Crative

I built this PC myself. I have threem ram slots and 2 x 512 mb 2700 ram, is there a certain order for them to slot in. I am trying to think of all the things that could be causing this problem as it happens every time. I have all the updates for my GFX, the latest direct x. DXDIAG shows no problems. I have all security updates, all windows updates files. I am fed up with this.

BigMoFoT 15:33 03 May 04

Don't mran to be offensive but are these games genuine or copied?

Daveson 15:34 03 May 04

no problem. They are genuine, bought from the shop all with original codes from the booklet, well those that need them.

BigMoFoT 15:39 03 May 04

I've had this before as well but never really got round the problem - however the game in question was a "borrowed" one from friend so...

Do you receive any errors? Is there a log of what happens, right click my computer choose manage and check in the event viewer under application see if there any errors. I'd also check to see if you have the latest nforce drivers as well.

Daveson 15:50 03 May 04

ok, where can i get the nforce drivers from because i have never updated them. I have a list of errors in the manager all from FS2002. Hang errors are reported.

In the system event manager i see lots of CD ROM 1 errors. It says the driver detected a controller error on Device\CDROM 1. I looked this up and it says that i should replace the cable. Could this be the broblem ? There must be about 50 of these errors all together. Maybe more. Thanks.

Daveson 15:52 03 May 04

i have to work now so i will check back later. Cheers m8. from Craig.

BigMoFoT 16:45 03 May 04

Go to for the latest nforce drivers, under the download drivers section. FS2002 sounds like your flight sim 2002 game - Are there any more details for that error?

Daveson 21:30 03 May 04

do you think that i should reinstall the game ? Although i did a clean install about a month ago and the 1st game i installed was fs2002 but it still crashed. hmmm

Daveson 21:32 03 May 04

what Nvidia driver am i looking for ? Graphics driver or nforce2 driver ?

OU812 21:43 03 May 04

I have experienced this problem on two occasions one of which proved intractable and the other (for UT2003) that was solved by downloading the latest patch for the game.

So running along side getting your drivers updated its probably worth checking to see if any patches are available for these two games.

BigMoFoT 20:30 05 May 04

nforce 2 driver mate - esentially the chipset drivers, game patches will also help as well.

if you are getting errors in the event viewer a little bit more may point towards a solution!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…