Games Freezing With Buzz Loop + AMD Display Driver Failed Error

iRealizedKing 22:06 03 Apr 15

I build a computer system not too long ago and upgraded it's CPU and GPU yesterday. Here are the specifications:

Motherboard: Asrock FM2A55M-HD+ Processor: AMD Athlon X4 860K (Upgraded from A6-6400K) RAM: 8GB (2 x 4GB) Vengeance Gaming 1600MHz Card Graphics Card: XFX Radeon R9 270 Double D Edition (Upgraded from Integrated AMD Radeon 8470D Hard Drive: 320GB Seagate 7200RPM Case: Zalman T3 with 2 Chassis 3-PIN Fans PSU: Aerocool AP-450PRO 450W 80+ Bronze

I am having an issue where when I start to run graphic-intensive games like Just Cause 2 and Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition at Medium or High settings, about 10-15 minutes into gameplay, the entire operating system will freeze, and the game will produce a buzzing sound. The computer will remain unresponsive until I press the reset button on the computer case or turn it off and back on manually. I have read many threads, where they all seem to suggest that the issue is with the graphics card overheating, so I decide to monitor the temperatures using both SpeedFan and Hardware Monitor, when the computer would freeze, the temperatures of both GPU & CPU would report being at around 60C. I ramp up the GPU & CPU Fans to 100% only to be reported the same temperatures. The case usually feels quite hot, and for some reason I am unable to control my 3-PIN Chassis Fans from SpeedFan, so I hooked up the Fans to Molex connectors to have the run at constant full speed but temperatures aren't Changing. This isnt happening with low-res games like Minecrcaft, although, those games and simple OS applications have an issue of their own where the screen monitor will just randomly black out, then a popup will appear saying the AMD Display drivers have stopped working and recovered succesfully. I have tried wiping out all the drivers then installing the latest drivers from AMD's sight, also making sure I have disabled onboard graphics in the UEFI, still to no avail. These issues are slowly becoming more and more frequent and I dont know why. I had high hopes with overclocking these devices, but being unable to get past the first cutscene in sleeping dogs in Low settings with a mid-high range graphics card like the R9 270 (No X) is dissapointing. Any ideas what might be going wrong?

wee eddie 22:19 03 Apr 15

Just a thought: A 450 Watt PSU is a bit close to the lower part of the spectrum.

iRealizedKing 22:27 03 Apr 15

Do you reckon its an issue with the PSU? Not enough power being drawn or anything? PS. Im running Dual Monitors

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017