Games on external HDs?

Natcrow 13:02 12 Jan 06

I have just bought a 160gb external USB hard drive, I want to use it to store MPEGs & MP3s primarily but I would also like to reinstall all of my games on to the external drive, does anyone know if installing games to an external drive is likely to cause problems?

PaulB2005 13:06 12 Jan 06

Will be very slow. Wouldn't bother.

Totally-braindead 13:20 12 Jan 06

I presume you have USB 2.0, if you don't its not even worth trying. It may work, theres no harm in trying it with one game, only thing I would like to point out is that if it works you will be using the hard drive quite hard and since they are more expensive I would personally think that fitting another internal hard drive would be easier, cheaper and have less problems.

Genius1 13:20 12 Jan 06

Yes, the rate of data transfer through a USB cable would be too slow for playing games.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…