Games crashing

andman123 12:05 06 Aug 04

Aaaggghh! This is infuriating! I have an Athlon 64 3200 and Asus K8V deluxe motherboard with the MSI Geforce 128 MB 5900 graphics card, running XP Pro. Two games now crash after several minutes of playing - the screen either goes blank, or multicoloured, and sound is repetitive. I have re-installed Windows XP and have the latest patches for the games (X2 - The threat and Far Cry) and motherboard/graphics card.

So, any ideas what is happening? The graphics card temp is around 54 degrees C after immediate re-boot, well within limits.

Has anyone experienced similar problems? If so, what can be done to resolve them?

Thanks for any help.

vinnyT 12:27 06 Aug 04

Don't have your prob (so far). Silly Q I know, have you got the MSI Geforce 128 MB 5900 connected to the psu (via molex)? I only ask because someone I know was having trouble after installing the card, and when I looked she had forgotten to connect to the power (no cards she had installed before needed this). Also, does your psu have enough juice to run everything connected to it?

Hope this is of some help.

andman123 16:08 10 Aug 04

I have re-installed directX9.0c and this appeared to have resolved the problem. Until it crashed after 30 mins with X2! I have downloaded Media Encoder 9 series and this appears to have sorted out the problem. So far.......!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…