GAMES CRASHHH

aleso 23:09 18 Feb 03

I'm a totla novice when it comes to computers!!So can anyone help me?I bought this computer for the sole purpose of gaming,but everytime i try to paly any games the screen freezes or crashes?I've tried contacting Time computers whicj turned out to be very expensive and a waste of time.There was someone on here the last time i posteed this message who said he worked for Time but the information that he gave was useless

furry curry muncher 23:31 18 Feb 03

Might be because your graphics card has out of date drivers. A lot of support departments suggest to reduce the hardware acceleration on your graphics card to solve problems like these. You can reduce the hardware acceleration in the control panel on your windows system. On Windows 9x it can be accessed: Start > Settings > Control Panel. Then double clicking on the Display ICON. Click on the Settings tab and then the advanced.. button at the bottom. Finally click the Performance tab and slide the scale down a notch at a time and then test the game. It might help.

Hachi-Roku 23:32 18 Feb 03

lets see ill start with the most obvious things! could it be that your graphics drivers need updating or maybe the game needs patching! also what spec is your computer! lets just hope since your a novice you could understand what im talking about lol!

Hachi-Roku 23:33 18 Feb 03

guess someone beat me to answering this lol!

Ironman556 23:49 18 Feb 03

You could see if you've got a direct x problem by running dxdiag from

start --> run --> type "dxdiag" and hit return.

Some info on what hardware & windows version you are running may be helpful. Also how old the computer is, and if anything has been added (eg, hard drives, cd-writers) since it was bought.

Ironman

1st RHA 00:01 19 Feb 03

do the minimum specs on the game come well within what you have, is the correct sound card selected have you enough ram and is the graphics card good enough.

aleso 14:24 20 Feb 03

I have Windows Me,800mhz Amd Athlon,Nvidia Riva Tnt2 Model 64 and ive just downloaded DirectX 9.0.Every game that ive bought SHOULD work on this computer also ive tried reducing the acceleration but that hasnt helped.Ive also ran Dxdiag,so no problems there and i havent added any hardware since buying this.I did try download an updated driver from windows update but the whole computer froze/crashed in no more than 5mins.After all this *@*& and i don't think i'll ever buy a computer again from Time....grrrrr.One last thing none of the 7 games need patches??

aleso 14:24 20 Feb 03

I have Windows Me,800mhz Amd Athlon,Nvidia Riva Tnt2 Model 64 and ive just downloaded DirectX 9.0.Every game that ive bought SHOULD work on this computer also ive tried reducing the acceleration but that hasnt helped.Ive also ran Dxdiag,so no problems there and i havent added any hardware since buying this.I did try download an updated driver from windows update but the whole computer froze/crashed in no more than 5mins.After all this *@*& and i don't think i'll ever buy a computer again from Time....grrrrr.One last thing none of the 7 games need patches??

aleso 14:26 20 Feb 03

simonp1 14:31 20 Feb 03

What games have you got? are they new? How old is your computer? The other problem could be your hardware. I had the same problem as you, but mine was down to faulty ram. Check on the games website if it supports Me and your graphics card.
Did you also install the game with your antivirus on?

froggg 20:04 20 Feb 03

If you have just bought this computer,and you told time you wanted to play games on it-take it back,your specs are cr*p for any modern games.new graphic drivers require that the old ones are deleted first.I would also uninstall dx9 and install dx8.you still havent said how much ram you have .defrag your hd as well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…