game won't uninstall

wooster007 17:57 14 Feb 03

hi

i have just purchased the sims pc game got it back home and installed it,it says its installed but won't work at all ,now i need it uninstalled to re try it but it won't let me uninstall the game is just stuck in my add or remove programs list it just won't budge.

can any one please help me it is really doing my head in.please

MartinT-B 18:05 14 Feb 03

Hi wooster,

What operationg system have you on your PC?

Win 98/xp? Linux??

More specs on PC too please - CPU, mobo, directX version?

The more info you can post the better.

Have you got anti-viru running?
Did you clean your temp folder before installing?

etc. etc.

wooster007 18:10 14 Feb 03

hi
I have a amd duron 800mhz ,256 memory,win xp pro
no anti virus running direct x8.1

tran1 18:19 14 Feb 03

It may have become currupted when you installed it the first time. Try installing over it again and then unistalling.

wooster007 18:21 14 Feb 03

i have tried installing over the top of it just wont do that either.

wooster007 18:23 14 Feb 03

WHEN I TRY TO UNINSTALL IT IN ADD OR REMOVE PROGRAMS IT JUST TRYS TO INSTALL THE GAME INSTEAD OF REMOVING IT.

Terrahawk 18:47 14 Feb 03

have you tried to uninstal from the game menu
start
all programs
maxis
the sims
uninstal

wooster007 19:29 14 Feb 03

I HAVE TRIED INSTALLING OVER IT AGAIN ,NOW I GET A ERROR MESSAGE < COMPONENT TRANSFER ERROR> ANY 1 KNOW WHAT THIS IS AND HOW I CAN GET RID OF IT.

MANY THANKS

platty100 23:19 14 Feb 03

hi try this
download this "jv16 PowerTools' then start it up then click on "registry tool" then on "uninstall menu" then scroll down to the game you want to uninstall put a tick in the box then click on remove at the bottom.Then delete it from the program files (on your c drive) restart and should remove for you you can get it here
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…