Game will not install

Curio 18:20 12 Oct 06

Purchased Ultimate Solitaire 500 from a Bargain Bin in PC World this afternoon. Was intended for my XPSP2 AMD 64 Turion Laptop. Unfortunately it will not install via Auto install, Run Setup.exe or from E: setup icon. Recognises the opening page and EULA then stops. Tried it on Desktop Intel P4 XP2SP2 and Wife's W98SE and it installed and ran perfectly. Any offers on why this should happen?

Curio 19:31 12 Oct 06

^

Totally-braindead 20:52 12 Oct 06

Might be a silly question but does it say its designed for XP on the box?

Even if it doesn't you might be able to get it to run in compatability mode for win98 and you can use that on the install as well even if it won't load.

Totally-braindead 20:59 12 Oct 06

If you want to try the compatibility mode then type "compatibility mode" into help and support and click on the bit marked "Getting older programs to work on XP". Run the wizard and one of the options is to use the compatibility mode to install the game from the CD drive.

That should work.

Curio 14:01 13 Oct 06

Can confirm box states OK for XP (Already checked OK on XP Desktop). Currently waiting for response from Game Company. Additionally have Carried out chkdsk and SFC just in case. Will give compatability mode a go.

Curio 14:17 13 Oct 06

Compatibility Mode. Have a feeling it might be because of the Multi-purpose DVD/CD Drive causing this. Waiting response from Company - Up to three day wait!

Curio 17:49 17 Oct 06

Had reply this afternoon, basically told me to do what I have already tried. Looks like I will not be playing Solitaire on this AMD Turion Laptop.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced